You may know that probiotics are excellent for your digestive health. When you balance your gut with the good bacteria from probiotics, it regulates your bowel movements, increases your energy, and soothes indigestion. So you may be asking:is ginger a probiotic? It is not, but it shares some similar benefits.
What about the benefits ofturmeric and probiotics together? These supplements work hand-in-hand to bring you greater health and a stronger immune system.
Finally, what about honey? Is honey a probiotic? Let’s explore that question.
Is Honey a Probiotic?
Raw honey has many benefits to your health. One thing that sets honey apart is that it has both prebiotic and probiotic components. What does that mean? Prebiotics are the nutrients you need inside your gut to pave the way for probiotics. Probiotics will not thrive inside your stomach if you do not have sufficient prebiotics.
When you eat honey, you build up the prebiotics in your system. And then honey also offers probiotics, which are good bacteria. Honey is one of the few non-dairy foods that provide probiotics.
What Are the Benefits of Raw Honey in Your Diet?
Honey is easy to have on hand and mix with your oatmeal, yogurt, chicken dishes, cereal, tart fruit, and more! When you implement honey into your everyday diet, you will find a variety of benefits:
- Heart-Healthy:Honey is loaded with powerful antioxidants that are good for your heart. When you eat honey with whole-grain foods, fruits, and vegetables, you can build up the strength of your heart.
- Anti-Microbial:Honey has anti-microbial properties for treating wounds. Because of the thickness of the honey, it creates a barrier to protect the wound from infections. And it keeps the wound hydrated and moist as it heals.
- Lowers Cholesterol:Raw honey has been proven to lower cholesterol. So when you have honey in your diet, you can experience positive changes in your health.
- Weight Management:Honey is a natural sweetener. When people trade refined sugar for honey, they can experience benefits to weight management and more regulated blood sugar.
- Regular Bowel Movements:Because honey is a prebiotic and a probiotic, you will find benefits to your digestive system. Decreased constipation, diarrhea, and feelings of indigestion are a great advantage to eating honey.
- Boosted Immune System:Daily raw honey has been proven to boost your immune system and fight off the sickness and germs that you encounter throughout the day.
While you may not get enough honey in your diet through everyday use, you can find a quality supplement that contains honey in Hana Tonic. This way, you can ensure you are taking in the amounts of honey that will render positive results to your health.
At Hana Tonic, you will find thebenefits of organic ginger shots with honey to increase your overall health. With our powerful ingredients, you are sure to see the benefits of both ginger and honey, many of them matching the advantages of probiotics. If you are looking for a simple way to boost the immune system, then reach for a bottle of Hana Tonic. We source meaningful ingredients and provide eco-friendly packaging to help you maintain your health on the go.