Ginger is a dynamic spice used in both savory and sweet foods – often included in Chinese and Indian dishes. Not only can ginger add a nice flavor to your favorite foods, but it also packs powerful health benefits as well.
While you can add ginger to your foods, one of the simplest ways to enjoy the health benefits of ginger is by drinking it each day. Many people like to add ginger to their water or tea, helping to add nutrients and spice to each beverage.
Ginger root can be used as a raw ingredient when cooking. Or it’s also simple to add powdered ginger for convenience instead. If you buy ground ginger at the grocery store, it means that the root was dried and ground down to be packaged into a spice bottle.
Health Benefits of Ginger Water
What are the benefits of drinking ginger water? Whether you add ginger in your water or drink it in other ways, these are some of the incredible health benefits you might enjoy:
- Boost Your Metabolism: Ginger root supports metabolic function, which is why some people consider it an excellent addition to their weight loss efforts.
- Anti-inflammatory: Chronic inflammation is connected with a variety of health concerns, which is why it’s wise to be proactive about reducing inflammation. Ginger contains powerful anti-inflammatory benefits that can have a domino effect on many other aspects of health.
- Nausea Management: Whether you are experiencing a bit of motion sickness in the car or ongoing morning sickness during pregnancy, ginger can soothe your tummy. Ginger helps to manage the symptoms of nausea preventatively, or you can use ginger in the moment when the symptoms begin.
- Cholesterol Reduction: Some studies suggest that ginger can help to reduce “bad” cholesterol and improve “good” cholesterol.
- Nutrition: Using ginger regularly helps to boost your nutrition, with a variety of antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients. For example, ginger water is an excellent source of potassium, calcium, folate, magnesium, and phosphorous.
As with any other natural remedy, it’s essential to talk to your doctor and follow treatment recommendations for the best results.
How to Make Ginger Water
Making ginger water takes a little bit of time, but it’s something that you can do at home. Start by washing the ginger root and chopping it into chunks. Use 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger for every 4 cups of water. Boil the water on the stove with the ginger, letting it boil for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Let the water cool a bit, then drink the tea as desired. Some people like to make the tea in advance and keep it in the fridge to reheat as needed.
If you don’t have the time to make ginger water regularly, then Hana Tonic is a convenient solution. This small bottle isn’t watered down - you get a powerhouse of healthy ingredients from one convenient shot. Each bottle contains ginger, as well as other important health-boosting ingredients like lemon, cayenne pepper, and B vitamins. Keep a bottle of Hana Tonic in your bag so you can always enjoy these health benefits without the hassle of buying fresh ginger and boiling it on the stovetop.