Changes in weather patterns are more than an inconvenience – scientists say that these changes are symptoms of global warming. Without significant changes around the world, our planet could be heading to serious environmental issues in the future.
You don’t have to get deep into science to find ways that you can make a difference in your daily habits. Instead, learn the things that humans are doing to impact the environment negatively. Then, identify changes you can make in your life.
Causes of Global Warming
While many people know that global warming is a big concern, there is confusion about what we are doing to cause this climate change. What is the most significant cause of global warming? The truth is that multiple factors are affecting the change in our climate:
- Transportation: Fossil fuels are used every time a car is on the road, or a plane is in the sky. The vehicles release pollutants into the air because the fuel is burned to create the power needed to run the engine.
- Consumerism: In our modern world, we have an ongoing need for the latest gadgets, clothing, and household products. The immediate gratification of two-day shipping has a ripple effect that contributes to global warming. Not only is the manufacturing of these items affecting the environment, but the delivery and shipping take a toll as well.
- Deforestation: When millions of acres of trees are cleared annually, it drastically affects the environment. Wood is harvested to make paper or lumber, or some areas are removing the trees to clear land for housing or farming. Trees have a natural effect of cleaning the air, and we are losing these benefits as more and more trees are taken down.
- Manufacturing: The growing trends of industrialization worldwide means that many economies are moving from farming to manufacturing. In fact, some scientists say that global warming started when the Industrial Revolution began in the mid-19th century.
- Livestock: The increasing demand for factory farming has an undeniable toll on global warming. These animals create massive amounts of waste, which releases large amounts of methane into the air. Methane is a greenhouse gas that is contributing to global warming. The increased consumption of meat products affects how much methane is produced due to the rise in factory farming.
Do Your Part to Protect the Environment
You can be proactive in adjusting your choices to reduce your own carbon footprint. If every person was proactive about their contributions, seemingly small changes could add up to big results in the future.
At Hana Tonic, our goal is to support your health while protecting the environment at the same time. We source quality ingredients for our health shots and package everything using recyclable materials. If you are looking for a natural solution to alleviate nausea or boost your immune system, then try our convenient shots. Each bottle contains powerful ingredients, like lemon, ginger, cayenne, and B vitamins. You’ll find it easy to infuse health into your daily routine.