What You Need to Know: Pros and Cons of Probiotics
With probiotics being all the rage for improving gut health and decreasing digestive discomfort, you might be wondering, what are the pros and cons of probiotics? It is wise to see a health trend and question both sides of the coin.
In this article, we will help you dive into the pros and cons of probiotics to find out if they’re right for you.
Pros of Probiotics
The primary reason that people seek out probiotics is to help with their gut health. Probiotics are the good bacteria that are needed inside your body to combat the bad bacteria. Sometimes your levels of probiotics can get depleted over time from the intake of processed foods or natural changes in an aging body.
When you take a high-quality probiotic supplement, you can see positive changes to your body:
- Reduced symptoms of IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Decreased diarrhea
- Regular bowel movements
- Increased immune health
- Increased energy levels
- Decreased acne
Probiotics can be a lifesaver for people who deal with chronic digestive issues every day without any relief. Sohow long do probiotics take to work? The results of probiotics on your digestive system can manifest within a couple of days. As for the other effects, you will see the changes over time with consistent probiotics intake.
Cons of Probiotics
As with every health supplement, the results are not the same for everybody. Consider some of the negatives of probiotics before you go all in:
- Not Regulated by the FDA:Before you go out and buy probiotic toothpaste, probiotic apricots, and probiotic cereal, know that the FDA does not regulate them. Instead, you will need to do your own research to find out if you are taking in too many probiotics for your body.
- Require Prebiotics:Prebiotics prepare the body to absorb the probiotics, so you will need to be mindful in eating foods that are rich in prebiotics. These foods include bananas, apples, onions, barley, garlic, and more. You can also take prebiotics in supplement form to be sure you have enough in your system.
- Different Strains:There are two common strains of probiotics, and they have different effects on the body. Make a list of your symptoms and choose the probiotics that will be best for your situation.
- Storage and Expiration Limitations:Probiotics do not last forever. And they need to be stored in a cool, dry place. Some supplements may even require refrigeration. Be sure to read the labels and follow instructions to make sure your probiotics are appropriately handled.
- Take Time to See Results: As mentioned before, it can take weeks to see some results. Therefore, you have to be patient and consistent to see some of the benefits of probiotics.
At Hana Tonic, we believe that you don’t have to tolerate discomfort or nausea. Instead, you can feel your best by taking in natural ingredients to boost your immune system and settle your stomach. We offer a proprietary blend of powerful ingredients that help with overall health. Like probiotic supplements, our proprietary blend of powerful ingredients will help boost your immune system and improve your overall health. Include a bottle of Hana Tonic in your daily routine along with probiotics, and reap the rewards to your health.