It isn’t easy to keep up with a busy schedule when you experience heartburn regularly. Any speaking opportunity or even working from home can be spoiled by heartburn discomfort. It doesn’t matter where you are or what obligations you have to keep – heartburn is never welcome.
How do you get rid of heartburn? You can take medicine that may or may not work. Or you can look into natural heartburn relief.
6 Remedies for Heartburn
Instead of powering through your heartburn, hoping it will pass quickly, you can find a lasting solution. You don’t have to live with heartburn. On the contrary, you can make small changes to eliminate heartburn from your daily life.
- Sit Up While Eating:Eating while lying down or reclined can contribute to heartburn andacid reflux. When you sit up straight, the food will stay down, and it’s less likely that acid comes back up to cause heartburn or discomfort.
- Decrease Sugar and Fatty Foods:Some foods may cause heartburn more than others. For example, chocolate can cause heartburn in a lot of people.Notice the foods you eat that lead to heartburn and limit them in the future.
- Wear Looser Clothing:Tight clothing can squeeze your body where your digestive system is trying to work. By wearing loose clothing, you will allow your body to do its job properly without extra obstacles. You can still look sharp by wearing clothing that fits your body without being too tight.
- Stop Eating Before Bed:Eating a big meal or snack right before laying down often leads to heartburn. When you stop eating a few hours before bed, you will give your body the chance to process your food. Then when you lie down, you won’t have to worry about heartburn.
- Lose Weight:People who are overweight are more susceptible to heartburn. Make small changes in your life by increasing exercise and choosing sensible portions. Then, you can enjoy the benefits of less heartburn while experiencing other health benefits as well.
- Avoid Tobacco and Alcohol:Tobacco and alcohol can lead to heartburn discomfort. By limiting these substances, you will experience less heartburn. Keep a food and beverage diary to pinpoint the exact foods and substances that increase your heartburn attacks. Then you can know which substances are most urgent to eliminate.
When you pay attention to these food and lifestyle habits and make the necessary changes, you will not have to live with heartburn every day. So do not feel overwhelmed, thinking you have to tackle the whole list all at once. Instead, you can make small changes and watch for gradual improvements.At Hana Tonic, we offer an organic blend of natural ingredients in convenient packaging to help support your health on the go. Keep a bottle of Hana Tonic handy for overall wellness!