The New Year is a time when many people set goals related to weight loss and exercise. While any goal that promotes healthy habits is great, it can be helpful to focus on healthy eating and exercise instead of concentrating on the number on the scale.
So what are the reasons why you should eat healthy?
8 Reasons to Eat Healthy Foods
- Improved Heart Health: Eating foods that are packed with omega-3 fatty acids like nuts, fresh fish, and avocados will improve your heart. And when you avoid trans fat, you are doing your heart a favor.
- Modeling Healthy Habits: It is one thing to tell your kids to make better eating choices, but it is another thing to show them. When you are choosing healthy foods combined with treats in moderation, your kids can have an example of mindful eating.
- Reduced Risk of Cancer: Foods high in antioxidants like fruits and vegetables are known to fight against cancer. Avoiding an excess of red meats and alcohol will also prevent cancer.
- More Energy: When you are eating foods packed with nutrients that the body needs, you will have more energy. You will feel more stamina during your workouts if you eat well the day before.
- Healthy Hair and Skin: Your skin will be healthy, and blemishes will decrease with the intake of healthy foods. And your hair needs protein and nutrients to stay strong and smooth.
- Money Smart: It costs much less money to eat at home and cook healthy foods than it does to grab food on-the-go from a fast-food restaurant.
- Comfortable Digestion: Your body will feel better as it digests the food when you eat nutritiously. You will have less gas and fewer interruptions in your sleep from lousy food.
- Reduced Chance of Type 2 Diabetes: One of the contributing factors of Type 2 diabetes is obesity. When you make healthier food choices, you will lose weight and lessen your chances of developing Type 2 diabetes.
Where to Start
Keep your goals attainable and straightforward. You don’t want to make these monumental goals that overwhelm you in the first week and lead you to quit.
- Replace your soda with ice water.
- Pack a lunch from home rather than stopping at a fast food place.
- Write down the food you eat for a week and evaluate when you were hungry vs. mindlessly eating.
- Do not eat in front of the TV or in the car.
- Eat from a plate or bowl where you can portion the food out. Do not eat straight from the bag or box.
Simple lifestyle changes can lead you in the right direction toward recognizing positive changes in the way you feel. Once you see the benefits from a few small changes, you will be ready to make more significant strides toward your healthy eating goals.
At Hana Tonic, our blend of proprietary blend of ingredients will improve your overall health. With health goals in mind, you can carry around our bottle of ginger and health-boosting ingredients and conveniently increase the antioxidants in your diet. Our Hana Tonic also can boost the immune system and help your body fight against illness. With our high-quality ingredients and convenient packaging, you can maintain your healthy lifestyle on the go.