The demand for organic foods is growing, making it easier than ever to find organic options at your local grocery store. As consumers are learning more about the effects of pesticides on the body, they are choosing organic over conventional.
Often, organic is more expensive than conventional. When you see the side-by-side price comparisons, you might wonder if it’s worth the cost to buy organic ingredients. Hold an organic apple in one hand and a conventional apple in the other: you’ll see that they are both red, shiny, and crisp. Since the produce looks the same, it’s easy to be fooled into thinking that the quality is the same. But you can’t see the toxic buildup that happens on conventional produce when pesticides are used.
Health Benefits: Why Organic Foods are Important
When a product at the grocery store is labeled “organic,” it refers to certain products and growing techniques used in the farming process. Organic is available for almost everything you can find at the grocery store including fruits, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grains. Organic farmers are proactive in using natural methods for improving soil quality, supporting natural environments for the livestock, reducing pollution and toxicity, and maintaining the sustainability of farming practices.
Here are some of the benefits of organic food for the body:
- No Synthetic Fertilizers: Organic farming is free of synthetic fertilizers that are commonly used to add nutrients to the soil. Instead, farmers use natural ingredients such as green manure or compost.
- Plant Rotation: Growing the same crops year after year can strip the soil of important nutrients that are needed. Organic farmers are proactive with plant rotation to maintain optimal soil health, which improves the nutrient content in the produce.
- Genetic Engineering: Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are becoming more and more common as a way to increase crop yields and manage pest control in conventional farming. When you buy organic, you can have confidence in knowing that the farmer used no GMOs.
- Optimal Nutrition: Did you know that the nutrient profile can vary between conventional and organic ingredients? Choosing organic can increase the quality of your nutrition, which can have a positive impact on overall health and wellness.
- Minimize Toxic Exposure: Chemicals used in conventionally-grown foods can take a toll on health over time. When humans eat ingredients with pesticide residue, the chemicals are consumed when the food is eaten. These foods leave a buildup of toxins in the body, which can result in long-term health issues.
While organic ingredients aren’t completely pesticide-free, buying organic means that you can minimize your pesticide exposure. At this point, additional research is needed to understand the long-term impact of pesticides on the human body. But many consumers agree that avoiding chemical exposure is a beneficial step to promote good health.
Organic Daily Health Shot
At Hana Tonic, our team is diligent in sourcing only the highest quality ingredients for our proprietary blend. We offer a tasty health shot that can support immune function and act as an anti-nausea solution at the same time. Try our convenient bottles with confidence knowing that we source organic ingredients for our products.