What type of travel do you prefer? If you love spending time outside, consider planning your next vacation to see famous rock formations in the United States or around the world. Not only are thesesights breathtaking, but you can learn about the history of these natural wonders.
It’s fun to visit these rock formations because they are natural views that have been around for thousands of years. These landscapes were formed long ago, making them compellingdestinations for people to visit.
Bucket List: Famous Rock Formations
Here are some of the most popular and famous rock formations to add to your bucket list:
- Giant’s Causeway, Northern Ireland: This UNESCO World Heritage Site is amazing to see, with hexagonal columns made of basalt. There are 40,000 of these formations, making them look like a piece of art created by humans. But the rock formations happened because of volcanic activity.
- Vermilion Cliffs National Monument, Arizona: You’ve probably seen pictures of “the wave,” with striped red rocks that look like waves. These rock formations are made of delicate sandstone, and access is limited, so you’ll want to apply for entrance through an online lottery.
- Wulinguan, China: If you’ve seen the movieAvengers, then you are probably familiar with the landscape of the sandstone pillars in Wulinguan. This landscape boasts over 3,000 rock formations that are hundreds of meters tall and have dropoff sides.
- Goreme Fairy Chimneys, Turkey: A cluster of pointy formations stand tall in Turkey, with some of the highest formations reaching 130 feet! They look like sandcastles because of the pointed tops and light-colored rock.
- Chocolate Hills, Philippines: On the island of Bohol (located in the Philippines), the chocolate hills are mounds scattered across a large area. More than 1,200 of these cone-shaped formations turn brown in color during the dry season because the greenery withers.
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah: Bryce Canyon is an excellent destination if you love the look of red rock. There are thousands of irregularly shaped rock columns, creating different protrusions and pillars. Explore the valleys and canyons, or climb to the top of the lookout points to see the spectacular views.
- James Bond Island, Thailand: The official name of this rock formation is Khao Ta-Pu, but it was nicknamed James Bond Island after the rock formation was featured in the movieThe Man with the Golden Gun. The limestone formation stands 20 meters over the water and is surrounded by other beautiful formations and cliffs in the area.
Planning Your Trip? Motion Sickness SolutionsIt doesn’t matter if you are driving, flying, or traveling by boat:motion sickness can spoil your vacation plans. If you have a trip coming up, then make sure to add Hana Tonic to your packing list. These small bottles contain powerful, healthy ingredients to help with the management of nausea and motion sickness. No one wants to feel sick on vacation. Hana Tonic is the perfect travel companion to any destination in the United States or worldwide!