It is the New Year, and many people have goals to eat healthier. This can mean adding more fruit and vegetables to your diet and limiting your sugar and unhealthy food intake. Small, attainable goals are the most easily achieved. So before you start googling “organic health food store near me,” understand that your regular grocery store may have just what you need.
The Healthiest Grocery Stores
A grocery store that sources fresh ingredients is just as beneficial as a health food store across town. When making New Year’s goals, be sure to fit the goals into your daily routine as much as possible. If it is too far out of the way to head to the local farmer’s market or specialty store, find ways to shop healthy and on a budget at the store you attend already.
- Buy fruits and vegetables when they are in season.Fruits and vegetables will be at their lowest price when they are in season, including organic items. You may find the best price at the local farmer’s market on these items. But if you are going for convenience, your grocery store will still offer competitive prices for organic items.
- Buy in bulk when it comes to the foods you eat the most, including grains, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables.For foods that will not spoil quickly, you can buy them in bulk to save money. Check on how to store each item, usually in airtight containers to keep them lasting the longest.
- Freeze fruits and vegetables when you find a good deal and when they are in season.Fruits and vegetables do not lose their nutrients when frozen. Freeze raspberries and blueberries and keep them in your freezer to use when the prices go back up again.
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store first, where you can find the freshest foods.You will find that the produce section, the bakery, the deli, and often the grocery store's health food section are located around the perimeter of the store. Shop the perimeter first to get the freshest, least-processed ingredients.
- Use online shopping for supplemental health foods that you couldn’t find at the grocery store.For the items that you did not find at your grocery store, whether it be a protein bar or a health drink, then you can find those items online with various suppliers. Many organic food companies sell directly from their website for your convenience.
Implement healthy eating in your life by keeping the food accessible. Try these tips for finding healthy food at your local grocery store without having to go out of your way to a health food store.
Our Hana Tonic is a unique blend of powerful ingredients that boost your immune system and help you feel healthier and more vibrant throughout your day. When you use our ginger shot, you can taste the fresh, organic ingredients that go into making this delicious combo. The boost of antioxidants is just what your body needs to help fight everyday sickness. Whether you suffer from motion sickness or need a healthy boost in your daily routine, Hana Tonic is easy to take with you on-the-go.