You have probably heard a lot of conversation lately about taking care of your body and promoting gut health. When you have the right balance of good and bad bacteria in the gut, you will feel more comfortable through the digestion process.
Before we discuss the best foods for gut health, let’s talk about the benefits of gut health.
How Can You Benefit from a Healthy Gut?
When you have healthy bacteria inside your stomach, your gut will foster immune cells to fight off bad bacteria, viruses, and fungi that may cause indigestion, diarrhea, bloating, and constipation.
Gut health also promotes communication with the brain through hormones and nerves, resulting in increased well-being and overall health. A healthy digestive system is essential to your body’s daily functions.
The Best Foods for Gut Health
How do you maintain a healthy gut? It depends on which foods and nutrients you bring into your body. Stay away from processed foods and sugar that will increase inflammation in your gut and interfere with the healthy balance you want to achieve.
Here are some foods that are beneficial to your gut health:
- Probiotics:Probiotics are found in yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, and other foods. Reach for the sauerkraut in the refrigerator aisle that still has live microbes, ready to fight the bad bacteria in your gut.
- Prebiotics:You need prebiotics in your gut to essentially feed the probiotics that come through your stomach. Probiotics cannot live and thrive without prebiotics, such as asparagus, bananas, onions, oats, and garlic.
- Anti-inflammatory foods:Keep inflammation down in your gut to reduce the feeling of bloating and indigestion. Some examples of anti-inflammatory foods are salmon and other fatty fish, walnuts, berries and grapes, and vegetables. Implementing these foods into your everyday diet can result inimproved digestive comfort.
- High-fiber foods:Another food that aids in digestion is fiber. Include beans, whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits, and vegetables into your high fiber diet. You will notice that you have regular bowel movements when you routinely eat foods that are high in fiber.
- Variety of Whole Food:Take all of these suggestions, and create a diet filled with variety. If you eat yogurt and blueberries for every meal, you will not find the best results. A diet filled with fruits, vegetables, yogurt, fish, whole grains, beans, and nuts is what your body needs to maintain good gut health.
A mixture of good, whole ingredients will contribute to long-lasting gut health. First, work gradually to eliminate the foods in your diet that may cause digestive problems. Then, when you cook with raw ingredients and choose organic snacks that contain a list of natural ingredients, you will be on the path toward balanced gut health.
At Hana Tonic, we offer a blend of organic ingredients that help with gut health.Ginger is the main ingredient that speeds up the digestive process, efficiently moving food through your system. So if you would like a quick solution to healthy snacking on the go, then reach for a bottle of Hana Tonic. Our premium ingredients help boost your immune system and provide essential nutrients for your gut balance.