Turmeric is a spice that has been getting a lot of buzz lately because it offers anti-inflammatory properties. The benefits of turmeric are many, and in order to glean these benefits, you need to take turmeric as a supplement.
When you hear anti-inflammatory, it may lead you to think of gut health. Probiotics are used to increase gut health, so is turmeric a probiotic?
Is Turmeric a Probiotic?
Turmeric is not a probiotic, but it does help with bringing down inflammation in the gut that leads to several health issues. So, in the same way that you may ask,is lemon a probiotic? While that answer is also no, it doesn’t mean that turmeric is not a well-qualified supplement.
The Benefits of Turmeric
While turmeric is commonly used in foods in India and other areas, you need about 1g per day to seek health benefits. To get this much, people often turn to turmeric supplements. Here are the benefits you may find in turmeric:
- Anti-Inflammatory:Inflammation is a common cause of cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s, and other chronic diseases. With its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric can help fight these diseases.
- Lowers Cholesterol:Turmeric has been shown to reduce the bad cholesterol in your body. When you take turmeric, the total LDL is lower as a result.
- May Reduce Pain:When taken with other herbal supplements, turmeric can reduce chronic pain and provide more comfort to your everyday life. These studies are ongoing, but turmeric seems to be a positive addition to your diet.
With all of these benefits, it’s a good idea to implement turmeric into your lifestyle. But how is turmeric different from probiotics?
The Differences Between Turmeric and Probiotics
The best thing about probiotics is that you don’t have to stop taking turmeric to reap the benefits of probiotics. You can take them together to enjoy all of the health advantages. Probiotics are the good bacteria in your gut. When you add probiotics to your diet, you can enjoy:
- Reduced Indigestion:While turmeric reduces inflammation in your gut, probiotics balance out the good and bad bacteria to provide a healthy gut. You don’t have to worry about going to dinner with friends or attending a holiday party when you’ve focused on gut health.
- Regular Bowel Movements:No one should be tolerating ongoing diarrhea or constipation. The balanced bacteria will regulate your bowel movements when you take probiotics.
- Increased Energy:After a few months on probiotics, you will notice an increase in energy! You will be happy to get your daily tasks done without a feeling of dread and exhaustion.
- Boosted Immune System:Increased probiotics help your body fight sickness and stay healthy.
For a healthy lifestyle, you can implement turmeric into your diet. Our Hana Tonic contains turmeric as well as honey, ginger, and other potent ingredients. It’s easy to improve your wellness when you have a bottle of Hana Tonic on the go.At Hana Tonic, we offerorganic ginger shots for daily wellness that contain turmeric. So if you are looking for a simple way to add nutrients that boost the immune system, reach for a bottle of Hana Tonic. We source top-of-the-line ingredients in eco-friendly glass bottles to help you maintain your health on the go.