Acid reflux, also known as gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD), is common in a lot of people, especially after eating certain foods. When you feel the discomfort in your throat that feels like you swallowed liquid fire and it’s coming back up, you want an immediate remedy.
You may ask, what can I drink to neutralize stomach acid? You do not always have a drink on you to treat the problem. But if you have a list ready, you can try to access some soothing drinks for stomach acid.
Drinks to Treat Acid Reflux or GERD Symptoms
Acid reflux never shows up at a convenient time. Whether you have a presentation, a quiet night in a theater, or even are alone at your house, acid reflux is never welcomed. Take care of the symptoms immediately with a quick, simple sip of soothing liquid.
Here are some drinks that treat stomach acid:
- Low-Fat or Skim Milk:Milk is known to neutralize the acid. Be sure not to choose high-fat milk, as the fat content can worsen the symptoms of reflux. Fatty foods may be what caused the symptoms to appear in the first place. You don’t want to add fuel to the fire.
- Water:Water has a pH of 7.0. It is very neutral and can take down the potency of acid in the stomach. Also, when you drink water, it speeds up the digestion process and gets any irritating food out of the stomach more quickly.
- Coconut Water:Coconut water contains electrolytes and nutrients like potassium. These are great for overall health but also good for neutralizing stomach acid. Choose coconut water without added sugar since sugar can promote acid reflux.
- Herbal Tea with Ginger:Warm tea with ginger will soothe your stomach when you need it most. Ginger has natural properties for eliminating acid reflux, gas, and bloating. It also speeds up the digestive process.
- Non-Citrus Fruit Drinks:Some fruits are high in acid, like lemons, pineapple, and other citruses. But drinking fruit juices with pears, watermelons, and cucumbers can neutralize the acid in your stomach and eliminate the feelings of discomfort.
- Plant-Based Milk:Oat milk, soy milk, and almond milk neutralize the acid in the stomach and soothe the symptoms. They also contain less fat than cow’s milk, so you do not have to worry about fat content with plant-based milk.
Take care of your bloating, gas, acid reflux, or indigestion by drinking a liquid remedy. If you can keep a bottle with you for unexpected flair-ups, you will save yourself a lot of uncomfortable scenarios.
Carry Hana Tonic for a Shot of Ginger
Hana Tonic is a proprietary blend of beneficial ingredients that help overall health. The delicious mixture will soothe your upset stomach and make you wonder why you didn’t reach for a bottle of Hana Tonic sooner. We source high-quality ingredients and provide convenient on-the-go packaging. Slip a bottle of Hana Tonic in your handbag, and always be prepared with a liquidremedy for acid reflux.